Absa Jobs in Uganda : Relationship Manager-EB
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Absa
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, we operate in over 50 countries and employ over 140,000 people.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com
Overall Role Purpose
Key Accountabilities & approximate time split (%)
- To directly lead a team of Enterprise Business Bankers covering a portfolio of SME Banking customers.
- The primary objective is to maximise risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
- To manage and sustain a portfolio of SME Banking customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Resources Under Control
For MD/D roles all mandatory fields to be completed (see guidance notes)
Resources (e.g. budget control, size of operations under control)
Decision Authorities – key decision rights that enable the role holder to act with legitimacy and credibility
Authority level and limits (what does the role holder have authority to decide on)
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Sales and Service- 40%
- Grow the team’s portfolio profitability by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product promotion initiatives.
- Conduct customer meetings that have well defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
- Communicate all key messages to customers including agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customers’ needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively
Provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the structuring of credits and the provision of products and services to customers.
- Manage team’s performance against key financial (risk-adjusted contribution) sales, service and operational targets.
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/ credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Work closely with the Head of Enterprise Banking in driving and delivering business performance in the country
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Work in close partnership with Associate Relationship Managers and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with existing policies/guidelines.
Control the quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies
Staff Management 30%
- Lead a team of Enterprise Bankers within the SME team using a team based management approach
- Help team members to identify strengths and weakness in their own skills and attributes, review their self-development plans and ensure training and development needs are accommodated.
- Coach team members on relationship development, service quality and risk management.
- Assess Enterprise Bankers on performance against contract. Review and input Performance Development Reviews.
- Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills
- Strong selling and negotiation Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Relationship Skills
- Credit Risk Skills
- Leadership and Team Skills
- Communications Skills