Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Jobs in Uganda : SMC Nurse
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
The SMC Nurse will be responsible for assisting the SMC surgeon while conducting circumcision procedures and provides post -operative nursing care to clients and disinfects and sterilizes surgical instruments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The SMC Nurse provides pre-operative nursing care including client’s body preparation
- In charge of taking medical history, taking and recording vital signs and ensuring that all SMC clients have been consented for SMC
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize used equipment and maintain clean and sterile operational/surgical environment
- The jobholder will implement infection control and waste management procedures as well as the periodic continuous quality improvement
- Conduct post-operative nursing care for SMC recipients: provide medications, condoms, offer post-operative care.
- Record and maintain client’s information on SMC forms
- Provide mentorship, support supervision and training to health facility.
- Conduct operational research.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Diploma in Nursing (Double Train) or equivalent from a recognized institution and must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and midwifes council
- A minimum of two years’ experience in clinic or hospital-based services.
- Previous experience in SMC, HIV/AIDS and ART is an added advantage
- Good team player
- Good networking and partnership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The applicant must be dynamic
- Highly persuasive and convincing
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English and an approved ‘Medical Check-up report from a recommended health centre’ for successful candidates is a requirement at entry.
Send applications via E-mail to: applications@baylor-Uganda.org.
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th January 2017