Baylor – Uganda Job Vacancy : Care & Treatment Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Baylor – Uganda
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Provide technical support in health systems strengthening in terms of human resources management
Duty Station: Uganda
Report to: Care and Treatment Advisor
Baylor College of Medicine Childrens Foundation -Uganda (Bayior-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Childrens Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa, Eastern Europe and North America.
Job Summary: The Care & Treatment Officer will be responsible for reviewing and monitoring the implementation of Baylor Uganda objectives for Paediatric HIV care and treatment in alignment with up to date MoH guidelines for comprehensive Paediatric, adolescent and adult HIV care & treatment to improve health facility service programs, system and structure
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The care & treatment Officer prepares and monitors the implementation of consolidated & harmonized cluster procurement plans, work plans & budgets
- The incumbent also builds the capacity of health workers and community key stakeholders
- Establish/strengthen health facility-based system for infection control and waste management
- Offer technical support for integration and provision of HIV prevention
- Establish/strengthen partnership with other key district stakeholders
- Offer technical support to the key stakeholders in monitoring the implementation of strategies for strengthening client linkage & referral system
- Provide technical support in health systems strengthening in terms of human resources management
- Provide support during the sub-granting process to the district
- Actively participate in operational research
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an M.B.Ch.B and registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
- Possession of a post graduate training is an added advantage in public health or medical related course
- A minimum of three years experience in clinic or hospital-based services. Two years experience at supervisory role will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in HIV/AIDS and ART is an added advantage.
- Good team player
- Good networking and partnership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The applicant must be dynamic
- Highly persuasive and convincing
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English and an approved Medical Check-up report from a recommended health centre for successful candidates is a requirement at entry.
Send applications via E-mail to: [email protected]
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Childrens Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th January 2017