Concern Worldwide Jobs in Uganda : Horticulturist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Concern Worldwide
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Horticulturist will work directly with 15 water user committees to implement vegetable gardens – sales from which will support water user fee collection and contribute towards water user committee cash savings. This includes offering training on best practice in agriculture, post-harvest handling and sales of vegetables.
- Offer support to the project’s linking of WASH to Nutrition initiative.
- In charge of monitoring, Reporting and Documentation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Horticulturist job placement must hold a Diploma or Degree in Agriculture or Agriculture Extension Services;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in planning and implementation of a livelihoods/ Nutrition/WASH project focusing mainly on horticulture.
- Extensive knowledge on vegetable garden techniques.
- Broad knowledge of gardening techniques, pesticide use, safety techniques and conservational agriculture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates excellent training/facilitation skills;
- Possess a valid Class A’ driving permit.
- The candidate must speak Luo;