EGPAF Jobs in Uganda : Community Engagement and Mobilization Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: EGPAF
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
The Community Engagement and Mobilization Officer will provide technical and program oversight in the areas of strengthening community engagement and mobilization in the integrated health project activities including identifying and working with community resources persons , community leaders, CBOs, CSOs, PLHIV and other community groups. In collaboration with community resource persons and community leaders, she/he will spearhead the formation and functionality of community peer groups that will contribute to increased demand, uptake and utilization of the integrated health services in the districts of support. She/he will provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of activities that facilitate linkages and referrals linkage between and within communities and health facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight on the implementation of community activities including leadership engagement and supporting formation and functionality of community peer or psychosocial groups. These include but are not limited to MNCH peer classes, Family Life Schools, Family Support Groups, Ariel club groups, youth and adolescent groups.
- Work closely with District Health Educators and Community Development Office to strengthen community based structures that will create demand for HIV/AIDS care, treatment, Nutrition, SMC, MNCH, Malaria and PMTCT and TB/HIV services; and also act as a major platform for referrals and linkages to enhance access to these services.
- Support implementation of the project’s core activities and strengthen community linkages to increase access, and retention of available integrated health services (HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, nutrition, family planning, and maternal, neonatal and child health care) in collaboration with the DHT, local leaders and existing community groups or CSOs
- Strengthen the performance management and capacity building mechanism for community resource persons and peer group structure that the project engages to implement the integrated project.
- Mentor and coach community leaders/peer facilitates and other community resource people in the implementation of their advocacy role in the available health services at health facilities.
- Support the development of data collection systems and tools for the peer and community group activities.
- Facilitate data collection from community intervention activities and health facilities and its submission to EGPAF country office.
- Prepare timely and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the activity implementation progress.
- Organize and facilitate periodic reviews meetings of community HIV/AIDS, MNCH/SRH/FP, Malaria and Nutrition activities at the health center level, as well as linkages to care, with the involvement of VHTs, community representatives, health center staff and members of the DHMT