Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Chief Financial Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets. Our mission is to deliver life-changing energy technology and inclusive financial services to the 1.3 billion people who live without power. We fulfill this mission by designing, delivering & financing quality products and relentlessly pursuing an exceptional customer experience.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of clean electricity for those living off-grid. ReadyPay provides energy for lights, cell phone charging, radios, and even TVs. ReadyPay Power is available for as little as $0.25 per-day and financed over 18-months via Mobile Money. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are affordable, flexible, and inclusive to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has since grown exceptionally, now serving over 50,000 households and representing more than 10 million dollars in assets deployed. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services globally. Fenix is funded by private venture investors and strategic partners including Schneider Electric, GDF Suez, and Orange Telecom.
The Chief Financial Officer will play a key role on the executive team by leading and owning financial modeling, portfolio health strategy, development of new financial products, operational finance and securing capital. The CFO will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Work alongside the CEO, COO and East Africa Directors to build finance capability and ability to achieve aggressive targets
- Manage and oversee all financial activities, including strategic planning, business modeling, budgets, accounting practices, reporting processes and audits
- Build, lead and manage the global Finance Team comprised of country-based Finance Directors, managers, controllers and accountants
- Lead fundraising efforts for major equity and working capital deals
- Take a lead role in designing, implementing and managing an innovative portfolio health strategy to ensure repayment is healthy as we scale
- Lead development of new financial products, such as credit scores for the base of the pyramid and asset loans for new life changing technologies
- Take a leading role in bringing operational excellence to Fenix’s finance systems. Install the right amount of process, reporting and structure so that the company can smoothly run and grow but without hindering it.
- Support global expansion and new market roll-out across Africa and Asia
- Participate in new business development and creating financial models for new products
- Evaluate, recommend and implement strategic improvements to Fenix’s global operation, including country-specific tax-efficient structures, transactions between parent and subsidiary, and maintenance of global inventory.
- Seek, evaluate and engage with advisors as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred.
- Significant leadership and management experience in finance, preferably as a Controller, Finance Director or CFO
- Hands-on expertise in financial modeling
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools
- Ability to manage a global, multi-cultural team of operations and accounting staff
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Shared values for a triple bottom line
- A passion for Fenix and our customers!
Highly Desired Skills
- Certified Accountant
- Work experience in a multinational company, preferably with operations in Africa
- Keen understanding of multinational manufacturing, sales, and operational finance
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of creating efficiencies and navigating global tax structures
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems
- Understanding of rural BOP markets, micro finance, mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in East Africa