Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Engineering Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Position : Full-time
Compensation : Commensurate with education and experience
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets, and our mission is to deliver life-changing technology to the 1.3 billion people who live without power.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of power to those living off-grid. Providing phone charging, lights, radios, and even TVs, ReadyPay is available from just $0.40 per-day and financed over 18-months via Mobile Money platforms. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are flexible, inclusive and affordable to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has grown exceptionally during the past year, exceeding all targets and growth ambitions. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services.
Fenix International is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Manager to lead our Engineering team in Uganda. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for and will be involved in key strategic efforts such as product development, overseeing after-sales services, local software development efforts, local assembly and accessory sourcing, and technical product testing with our customers. The Engineering Manager will manage all technical team members based in Uganda and report to the East Africa Regional Director.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to work with an elite team of business and engineering professionals to directly contribute to the success of a technology-driven startup while immersed in on-the-ground social enterprise operations. Candidates should have a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and sustainable development in frontier markets. There will be opportunities to travel to the San Francisco office and within Uganda to better understand Fenix’s customer base first-hand. As the Engineering Manager, you will be based in Kampala, Uganda and support mission-critical projects impacting millions of lives.
- Lead and manage all technical team members and operations in Uganda
- Manage and continually improve after-sales services, including diagnostics and repairs
- Develop and execute product testing and new product field trials
- Contribute to new product development and compile local technical inputs
- Technical evaluation of locally sourced parts and accessories for quality and reliability
- Oversee local assembly line, quality assurance, failure analysis, and reporting
- Oversee field failure analysis, develop resolution plans, mobilize appropriate resources to mitigate/resolve.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team on development of new tools and processes
- Bridge Customer Service, Operations, Technical Service, and Product Development teams
- Act as main point of contact for the SF-based Engineering team
Required Skills & Experience
- Seven years minimum related experience
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience leading and managing teams with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Experience in new product development
- Two year commitment to live and work in East Africa
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Software Engineering experience
- IT Management experience