Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Fenix Innovations Fellow
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Fenix International is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Fellow with leadership experience to develop and test innovative sales, marketing, distribution and financing strategies, manage new pilots, collect and analyze data, train Fenix trainers and provide general support to the Fenix Business Development and Technical teams. Fellows will report to the East Africa Regional Director and will work directly with our sales and marketing team on the ground to test, refine and scale up new business models, strategies and systems at Fenix.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to work with an elite team of business professionals and engineers and directly contribute to the success of a Silicon Valley startup. Candidates must have a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets. As a Fenix Fellow, you will be based in Kampala working on critical projects with real and immediate impact and will have the opportunity to do about 30% domestic and regional travel.
- Work with Fenix partners to drive sales and test new innovative marketing, distribution and financing strategies
- Conduct product trainings and train the trainer sessions
- Collect & analyze and report data from new and existing customers and field studies to contribute directly to Fenix product and business development strategy
- Provide general operations support to the business development and technical teams
- 20% of Fellow time is spent on a project Fellows are especially passionate about at Fenix and co-design with Fenix leadership
- Note: Fellowship responsibilities will be slightly varied to account for the unique skills and experience the Fellows bring to the team, as well as their specific interests and career goals. For example, Fellows with engineering experience could spend some time helping to build after-sales services or conducting field studies for new products. Candidates with marketing experience could spend more time developing marketing materials or campaigns for Fenix.
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership & project management experience; We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- One year minimum work experience
- Commitment to live and work with Fenix in Uganda for 6-12 months
- Ability to customize and clearly communicate the Fenix value proposition, including quantitative and qualitative benefits to the customer and the consumer, for written and verbal presentations
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Apps
- Ability and drive to work independently
- Bachelors degree
- Education and/or work experience in both East Africa and abroad
- Business level competency in Swahili, Lugandan, or other East African language