Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Financial Analyst
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Compensation: Competitive salary, equity & benefits
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets, and our mission is to deliver life-changing technology to the 1.3 billion people who live without electric power.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of power to those living off-grid. Providing phone charging, lights, radios, and even TVs, ReadyPay is available from just $0.30 per-day and financed over 18-21 months via Mobile Money platforms. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are flexible, inclusive and affordable to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has grown exceptionally since then, exceeding all targets and growth ambitions. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services.
Fenix International is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and disciplined Financial Analyst with a passion for entrepreneurship, an attention to detail, and thoughtful creativity to join our team. An appreciation of Fenix’s work and mission is a plus. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced start up at the front lines of renewable energy and mobile payment technology.
The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Finance Director as well as collaborate with the East African team to explore historical financial data, analyze trends, predict future results and drive process improvements involving Fenix’s day to day operations and lease portfolio.
- Provide financial and analytical support for departmental functions including:
- forecasting expenditures and reconciling actuals against budgets monthly
- generating monthly accruals
- generating reports in order to validate portfolio performance, costs for actuals and forecasts
- project analysis, provide assistance with development of three to five year financial plan, annual operating plan budget
- ad hoc analysis for key decision makers
- Assist with preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
- Prepare detailed annual financial budget and monthly financial forecasts.
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance.
- Provide financial analysis support to various areas of the company.
- Provide and modify financial models and forecasting.
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Assist with the setup up of finance systems and processes and help scale them to new markets.
- Evaluate and engage with financial advisors as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration or other related field, MBA a plus.
- One to three years related experience.
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools and Excel.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning systems a plus.
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in Excel.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative reasoning ability. Ability to link strategy to financial plans.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Attention to detail, strategic thinker.
Highly Desired Skills
- Work experience in a international multinational company or financial institution operating in Africa with complex transactions.
- Understanding of rural BOP markets, micro finance, mobile telecom and/or renewable energy industries in East Africa
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of driving financial efficiencies