Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Financial Services – Operations Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets. Our mission is to deliver life-changing energy technology and inclusive financial services to the 1.3 billion people who live without power. We fulfill this mission by designing, delivering & financing quality products and relentlessly pursuing an exceptional customer experience.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of clean electricity for those living off-grid. ReadyPay provides energy for lights, cell phone charging, radios, and even TVs. ReadyPay Power is available for as little as $0.25 per-day and financed over 18-months via Mobile Money. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are affordable, flexible, and inclusive to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has since grown exceptionally, now serving over 50,000 households and representing more than 10 million dollars in assets deployed. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services globally, striving to reach over 2m households across the continent by 2020. Fenix is funded by private venture investors and strategic partners including Schneider Electric, GDF Suez, and Orange Telecom.
Fenix International (http://www.fenixintl.com) is seeking a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Financial Services Operations Manager to be a part of revolutionizing credit and financial inclusion for the base of the pyramid. The role will report to the Chief Credit Officer and will work cross-functionally with our customer experience, product development, operations, sales, marketing, and technical teams on the ground to help design, execute, assess and refine innovative consumer finance projects at Fenix.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of a largely unbanked customer base with limited access to traditional finance. The right candidate will be a fierce team player and committed people manager, with a passion for implementing new approaches and seeing them through from idea, to testing, to scale. As Financial Services Operations Manager, you will be based in Kampala, Uganda with regular travel to the field. You will lead critical projects that can directly influence customers’ repayment behavior, their positive experience with ReadyPay, and their ongoing loyalty to the brand—all crucial to the success of the business and in increasing access to financing for BOP consumers.
Run Fenix’s Consumer Financing operations by:
- Managing core field teams
- Take over management of the teams that lead our customer-facing interventions
- Build effective, user- and field-friendly systems, processes, and tools that the teams need to make the largest and most cost efficient impact possible on customer repayment patterns
- Recruit and onboard more staff to scale up the teams where necessary
- Mentor the team to continuously build their critical thinking and execution skills so that they can maximize their contributions to Fenix and grow with the company
- Building systems and processes
- Improve the way we collect ongoing quantitative and qualitative data for each customer interaction to gain richer insight into their experience and repayment behavior
- Coordinate with Customer Experience team to define protocols for how different teams interact with customers so that we encourage good repayment behavior in an inclusive and customer-friendly way
- Implementing strategic projects
- Design and implement A/B tests to identify the most powerful ways we can improve customer repayment behavior
- Design and implement pilots to test new products that bring value to customers and increase their loyalty to ReadyPay
- Design and implement customer insight research projects, such as mapping the financial lives of households, to deepen our understanding of what drives repayment behaviors
- Use the data insight from the above to scale any that are effective in improving customer repayment patterns
Required Skills and Experience
- Leadership and project management experience. We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team, or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Commitment to spending time in the field to support and mentor field teams
- Education and work experience in project management, financial services, data analysis, field team management
- Commitment to be based in East Africa for at least 2 years
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Bachelors Degree and five years minimum work experience, Masters preferred
- Passion for Fenix and our customers!
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience working with data and field staff in a microfinance institution or field research capacity in an emerging market
- Prior experience living and working in East Africa