Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : PBX Consultant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Uganda
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets, and our mission is to deliver life-changing technology to the 1.3 billion people who live without power.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System – one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of power to those living off-grid. Providing phone charging, lights, radios, and even TVs, ReadyPay is available from just $0.25 per-day and financed over 18 to 24 months via Mobile Money platforms. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are flexible, inclusive and affordable to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has grown exceptionally during the past year, exceeding all targets and growth ambitions. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services.
Fenix International operates a large and fast growing call center that is helping to deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets in Uganda and the larger East African community.
We are looking for highly professional technical support and consultancy services for our existing Asterisk PBX based call centre telephone solution.
Key responsibilities will include improving the reliability, performance and availability of the existing system in a scalable and flexible manner, integrate and facilitate building effective solutions for our call centre demands and provide technical training for our VoIP systems engineers.
The preferred candidate will provide on-site consultancy services in Kampala, Uganda.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in Asterisk including module development and source code customisation
- Strong understanding of Linux and remote SSH server management
- SIP and WebRTC expertise
- Ability to transpose service or feature descriptions into technical requirements
- Experience designing and developing call centre solutions
- Experience customising preexisting call centre solutions
- Ability to rapidly build and test new services and features
- Custom Asterisk application development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Working knowledge of IP networking and configuration
- Proficiency in C, C++ and Python programming languages
- Experience using Git source control
Job Activities and Deliverables
- Add redundancy and high availability to existing VoIP telephony system
- Deploy load balancer in front of Asterisk media servers
- Improve outbound campaign dialing and inbound routing efficiency
- Automate queue member assignments and optimise call blending based on call volume and agent availability
- Deploy least cost routing engines in front of SIP trunks or PSTN gateways
- Integrate and work with Asterisk to facilitate building effective solutions for our call centre demands.
- Design and deploy innovative call centre solutions
- Provide hands-on in-house training covering tools, technologies, system architecture, development skills, implementation, system maintenance and management
- Set up phone system monitoring and system health reporting
- Optimise billing and call centre analytics solution