Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Software Engineer – UX/Angular JS
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Fenix International is looking for a talented, self-starting software developer to join the Fenix team to help deliver affordable solar power to emerging markets in Uganda and the larger East African community. Key responsibilities will include developing the Angular JS Chrome Application is used by our call centre staff and the PBX call routing system that feeds into it. Software developers here work on all parts of the stack; the chrome app, call routing system, MySql reporting database and help on the design of the user experience.
This position offers a great opportunity to work alongside an elite team of engineers and business professionals and directly contribute to the success of a fast-moving venture-funded startup with great potential for social and environmental impact. Candidates must enjoy working in a startup environment, and ideally have a passion for renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in a relevant engineering discipline (Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science preferred)
- Programming language proficiency in Angular JS
- Experience creating and maintaining scalable web applications
- Appreciation for detailed source code documentation and organized code structuring
- Working knowledge of both high-level object oriented and low-level procedural programming concepts. A full-stack developer.
- Comfort architecting software per modern software design patterns (MVP, MVC, etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- UX research and design experience, this tool is used by a large team whose work needs to be streamlined as much as possible.
- 3+ years experience
- Server backend management experience (Linux, MySQL, Nginx, etc)
- Some experience with Asterisk & Asterisk Manager API or call routing technologies preferred
- Experience working with Node.js
- Database administration and data management skills (SQL)
- Prior experience with software Design for Testability (white-box, unit testing)
- Working knowledge of good practices for computer and data security
- Experience with git and GitHub based source code management
- Interest in products for emerging markets