Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Talent Recruiting Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
Founded in 2009, Fenix International is a venture-backed, for-profit renewable energy company with offices in Silicon Valley and East Africa. Fenix operates on the front line of renewable energy and mobile financial services in emerging markets, and our mission is to deliver life-changing technology to the 1.3 billion people who live without power.
Our flagship product is the ReadyPay Solar Power System, one of the world’s most affordable and accessible sources of power to those living off-grid. Providing phone charging, lights, radios, and even TVs, ReadyPay is available from just $0.25 per day and financed over 18 months via Mobile Money platforms. We pride ourselves on generating financing plans that are flexible, inclusive and affordable to ensure the greatest reach and impact.
ReadyPay was launched in Uganda in early 2014 and the business has grown exponentially during the past year, exceeding all targets and growth ambitions. We are now poised to scale and revolutionize access to electricity and financial services.
Fenix is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated and disciplined Recruiting Manager with a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy, and financial inclusion to join our team. This role is responsible for driving Fenix’s end-to-end recruitment by supporting several key business functions based in Uganda. You will primarily work with department hiring managers, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements. You will own the talent recruiting process from posting, screening and supporting hiring managers through the interview and selection process while also attracting candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking and through referrals.
As part of the Talent team, you will ensure smooth functioning of recruitment efforts for all regular Fenix hires through your work to
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements, contacting recruiters, using LinkedIn searches, newsgroups and job sites.
- Determine applicant qualifications by conducting the initial screening; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Set appointments for interviews and performs some initial interviewing.
- Improve organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Conduct background checks and advising applicants on the status of their application.
- Coordinate with all talent team members and hiring managers for the on-boarding/orientation for new team members is successful.
- Maintains highest standards of confidentiality.
- Participate in the collection of data/ surveys that could be used to design team benefits and serve as company wage analysis.
- Handle general administrative issues when required.
Required skills, experience & qualification
- A Bachelors degree from a recognized institution with 3-5 years of experience
- Exposure to Recruiting practices to support all recruiting efforts which are extensive as we continue to grow consistently
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with a variety of computer applications at a high level of competence
- Social media knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Job interviewing skills
- Understand and demonstrate sensitivity to confidentiality of information
- Ability to model a positive attitude and stimulate a positive work environment by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with all team members
- Should demonstrate knowledge relating to labor laws in Uganda
- Should be a great team player and culture focused
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision
- Organized and pays attention to detail
- Ability to work in teams or independently
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas