Fenix International Jobs in Uganda : Technology Fellow
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fenix International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Application Deadline : Rolling, but apply by Jul-31 to be considered in the next round
Position : Full-time 6 to 12 month Fellowship with future career opportunities at Fenix
Compensation : Stipend & travel expenses
Fenix International is seeking highly motivated and entrepreneurial candidates with leadership experience to support key technical projects in support of Fenix’s rapid growth. Fellows will report to the East Africa Product Development Director and maintain a strong link with the San Francisco-based Engineering team. Fellows will work directly with our customer base as well as the customer service, product development, operations, sales, marketing, and technical teams on the ground to design, test, execute, analyze, and refine technical products and strategies at Fenix.
This position offers an incredible opportunity to work with an elite team of business professionals and engineers and directly contribute to the success of a Silicon Valley startup working in Africa. Candidates must have a passion for entrepreneurship, renewable energy and sustainable development in Frontier Markets. As a Fenix Fellow, you will be based in Kampala, Uganda working on critical projects with real and immediate impact and will have the opportunity to travel domestically to understand our customer base.
- Collaborate with Fenix stakeholders to identify, plan, own, and execute priority projects in at least one of the following areas: customer need-finding; product design; new product testing and evaluation; IT systems setup, debug, and maintenance; mobile app and Google App programming; local kit assembly; local hardware repair; diagnostic protocols; root cause analysis
- Identify barriers to progress, develop resolution plans, mobilize appropriate resources to mitigate / resolve
- Provide general support to the local Technical team in executing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly deliverables
- Collect & analyze data to contribute directly to Fenix product and business development strategy
- 20% of Fellow time is spent on a project Fellows are especially passionate about at Fenix and co-design with Fenix leadership
- Note: Fellowship responsibilities will be slightly varied to account for the unique skills and experience the Fellows bring to the team, as well as their specific interests and career goals.
Required Skills & Experience
- Leadership & project management experience: We are looking for entrepreneurial candidates who have started or contributed significantly to a particular project, team or new company and we especially value candidates who have seen projects through from start to finish, from design to scale up phase.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation
- One year minimum work experience
- Bachelors degree in a related technical field
- Education and/or work experience in both East Africa and abroad
- Commitment to live and work with Fenix in East Africa for 6-12 months
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Google Apps
- Ability and drive to work independently