Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Jobs : Gynecologist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI)/Hutchinson Center Cancer Alliance is a collaborative venture with the UCI and Fred Hutch to establish a state-of-the-art cancer treatment facility located in Kampala, Uganda. The aim of this joint effort between Fred Hutch’s Global Oncology program (GO), and the UCI, is the development of new low-cost prevention and treatment strategies for ameliorating the high burden of infection-related cancers. Clinicians and scientists work together to enhance patient access to care, diagnosis and research-based treatment. The UCI/Hutchinson Center Cancer Alliance seeks to develop effective prevention and treatment strategies for infection-associated cancers to benefit the millions of people in Uganda, the United States and worldwide who suffer from these malignancies.
Your duties include the following activities contributing to the scientific and clinical leadership of your assigned studies, as well as smooth study operations.
- In partnership with the site PI, provide scientific leadership for the study team by serving as a co-investigator for the protocol. Ensure compliance to study protocol.
- Input and contribute to protocol under development, as well as any subsequent protocol modifications throughout the life of the study.
- Contribute to the development of the Analysis Plan together with the program biostatistician and principal investigators.
- Participate in meetings with the study PIs, Project Manager, Research Operations Manager, etc. to discuss study scientific, operational or stakeholder relationship issues, as needed.
- Participate in analysis of study data, either by working with the program bio-statistician or broader working groups.
- Organize and facilitate dissemination meetings of study findings in Kampala, including meetings to the Ministry of Health, clinical and scientific stakeholders.
- Assist the PI and Research Operations Manager with maintaining and establishing relationships with key stakeholders, such as Faculty and Leadership of departments within the School of Medicine, regulatory review bodies, other research groups in Kampala, health care providers at facilities where potential recruitment of participants occurs, etc.
Clinical Leadership & Study Operations:
- Ensure clinical quality of study data through regular review of study data and records, and through participation in planned internal audits with members of the study team and HCRIU Quality team.
- Ensure data abstraction meets study requirements by providing guidance to study teams on how to abstract data, ensuring study teams have access to clinical files, and helping resolve data queries when clinical data is used for abstraction.
- Perform responsibilities relating to safety reporting, including the review of AE/SAE reports and advising on study relatedness.
- Responsible for ensuring that the study achieves the recruitment targets.
- Attend regular study meetings to stay current in study operations.
- Provide guidance on how results should be disclosed to either the participants or the treating physician, depending on what is outlined in the study ICF.
- Provide guidance on linkages to care through referral networks for study participants or referred patients.
This position requries an advanced degree with concentration in gynecology