GiveDirectly Jobs in Uganda : Associate Field Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: GiveDirectly
- Location: Uganda
- State: Mbale, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
The Associate Field Manager (AFM) will play a central role in ensuring that GiveDirectly delivers a gold-standard product to donors and recipients. The Associate Field Manager will manage the Field Officers (FOs) on one of our field-based recipient enrollment teams. The individual in this position will own day-to-day management of his team, including: daily work planning and team management tracking team and individual performance; achieving targets; coaching field officers; and identifying opportunities for risk mitigation and process improvement. The Associate Field Manager will serve as the key “eyes and ears” resource on the ground for the Field Manager(FM) and Field Director (FD) and will be responsible for regularly synthesizing updates on team performance as well as field successes and challenges. The role will reward exceptional personnel management, organizational skills, high-quality judgment on operational challenges, and a strong commitment towards driving both team and individual productivity and quality.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Field Management (20%)
- The jobholder will meet with Field Manager at least monthly to align on any adjustments to workplan.
- Meet with field teams in the morning to align on plan for the day and problem-solve field challenges. Coordinate team approach for village surveys each day to maximize efficiency and productivity. Ensure teams get to the field on time
- Keenly track FO productivity & quality of service, including compiling / reviewing operational reports each week; discuss team and individual performance weekly with FOs and FM; own course correction if metrics are slipping.
- Keep senior management informed of key risks to workplan (e.g. village-specific challenges, political instability, rumors about GiveDirectly, recipient refusals, terrain challenges during rainy seasons, etc.).
- Weekly meeting with other members of field management (FM, AFMs) in order to discuss challenges in the field and propose solutions.
- Spend 1 day a week in the head office in order to complete administrative tasks and meetings
- Ensure all allowance requests and spent allowance requests are submitted correctly and promptly
- Ensure timecards are accurately submitted in a timely fashion
- Process leave requests so as not to conflict with work planning and operations
- Resolve miscellaneous equipment requests
- Participate in a weekly field management forum to problem solve and collaborate on work planning
Data collection and process improvement (20%)
- Collect surveys ~1-2 days a week in order to help teams achieve targets and to help identify areas for improvement.
- Vet new versions of surveys, including impact on field staff productivity, and recommend survey improvements as necessary (e.g. potential process gaps).
- Raise ideas for continuous improvement to the enrollment process /recipient experience; execute process improvements and ideas raised by the FM / FD.
Quality Control (15%)
- Regularly monitor and ensure quality control while the field staff conduct surveys.
- Periodically check and review FO data collection in the field. Coach staff to correct any issues observed.
- Spend 1-2 day resolving difficult cases in the field that require special attention (hard-to-find recipients, cases of potential fraud)
Field Officer management and development (15%)
- Coach FOs on challenges that come up in the field. Provide additional case-specific input as requested by FO (e.g. ambiguity around potential impostor). Exercise judgment and escalate recurring issues or questions to FM to align on approach.
- Coach FOs who are underperforming and provide disciplinary measures if necessary.
- Encourage teamwork and improve morale through mentorship, affirmations, and various management initiatives.
- Spend 1-2 days shadowing staff in order to identify areas for improvement and professional development, particularly during staff training
- Carry out monthly performance check-ins with direct reports and semi-annual performance reviews.
Other (10 %)
- Arrange interview logistics and conduct interviews for new FOs (after initial screen from HR Manager). Recommend potential hires to FM for final approval.
- Provide initial training to newly hired FOs and on-going professional development to staff.
- Participate in meetings with district, county, and sub-country officials as necessary. Represent GiveDirectly in the field and manage daily communication with local village and parish leaders.
- Support the Field Director and Field Manager with hosting journalists, donors, and other external parties.
- Assist Field Director and Field Manager with communicating and executing new projects/pilots/technologies (e.g. software changes and upgrades, recipient targeting projects, content collection for website and mobile app, etc.).
- Assist with response to “crisis” events (e.g. refusal spikes, government shut-down, coordinated fraud, etc.)
- Promote effective team culture by encouraging recognition of positive achievements, planning team events periodically, and other team-building initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Exceptional leadership ability with demonstrated success in motivating and developing junior staff
- Proven ability to problem-solve complex operational challenges in the field
- Alignment with GiveDirectly core values and commitment to advancing GD’s mission
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team-player mentality
- Strong interest in being the engine of the day-to-day field work
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly independent and self-directed manner, while effectively communicating upwardly about gaps and risks
- Strong communication and relationship building skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties
- Analytical and technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.