Good Neighbours International Job Vacancy : Construction Specialist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Good Neighbours International
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Uganda
Responsible for overseeing all the activities concerning construction at the project site.
Good Neighbors International is a non-profit humanitarian organization that plans to create a better place for children by raising funds for the provision of services in child education, medical services, nutrition, health equipment and protection of the child.
In order to develop and achieve the NGO objectives, Good Neighbors International is seeking to recruit the following employees to work at their Field Office in Oloki Parish Palisa District.
In order to fulfill one of its objectives (Education), Good Neighbors Uganda is constructing a school in Kimasa community in Mafubira Sub County in Jinja and Oloki in Palisa District. Therefore the organization is seeking an individual to manage the on-site construction activities on its behalf. Reporting to the Country Director the Incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all the activities concerning construction at the project site.
Qualifications and other Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction, architecture or engineering, preferably in a role similar to that of a Clerk of Works;
- Experience of working on large scale construction projects, with proof of being able to deliver high quality construction projects;
- Excellent people management skills;
- A Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering, Building and Construction, Architecture or other relevant field from recognized college and universities.
- Good computer literacy and database management abilities;
- Excel and Word essential;
- Strong work ethic and strong numerical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Quick learner and team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communicator in English and Luganda or Lusoga
- Strong sense of accountability and responsibility;
- A logical mind with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively;
- Good organizational skills;
- A strong sense of ethics, honesty and integrity;
- Ability to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision
- Submission of work experience like Blue prints made by the Applicant. Submission of somebody’s information will lead to automatic cancellation of application.
- This is a full time job therefore the successful candidate will not be allowed to part time once given the contract.
How to ApplyCandidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications and CV to [email protected] by 5:00pm of 13th January 2017, to: OR Hand deliver at Good Neighbors Head Office, Plot 1728, White House CI, Muyenga, Block 244 NOTE:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The shortlisted candidates will be required to come with their original Documents.
- Salaries shall be calculated according to someone’s experience and should be ready to start immediately.
- Any forgery will lead to automatic cancellation of the application and opportunity.
- Job Descriptions will be obtained at head Office and will be given to Successful Candidates.