Good Neighbours International Jobs in Uganda : Administration and Logistics Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Good Neighbours International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization committed to child education, community development, and emergency relief projects in 30 countries around the world. We have fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. Good Neighbors USA opened its Los Angeles office in 2007, which currently handles fundraising, donor management, volunteer programs, and marketing campaigns for all major projects. In December 2010, a Washington D.C. office was established to network and partner with other organizations, as well as obtain grants from U.S. government agencies and foundations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Administration and Logistics Officer will provide logistics and administrative support at the Field Office for smooth running.
- The incumbent will be tasked with building strong relationships with INGO / UN agencies, other Local Organizations, Government Agencies for resources providing and sharing.
- Handling all the necessary preparation and arrangement for, human resource related activities, logistical activities and all other necessary administrative processes and activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy must hold a university degree or its equivalent
- A minimum of two years experience in similar position.
- Proven ability to understand and use basic accounting systems such as QuickBooks, SPSS and other data analysis software, and relevant experience in logistics and procurement, among others are highly preferable.
- Have a strong aspiration and interest in humanitarian and community development works
- Skills in administration
- Good working knowledge and skill of computer
- Previous experience in communications, humanitarian and government policy issues.
- Ability to communicate in a diplomatic and assertive manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work gracefully under pressure;
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Possess good skills for conflicts and Conflict resolutions.
- Must be a self-directed, self-reliant and a person of High Integrity
- Ability to move away from home for long distances for organizational activities
- Being a native of Palisa District or able to Speak Iteso is an added advantage.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to send their applications and updated CVs with working email addresses to: email@example.com or hand deliver to Good Neighbors International Head Office, Plot 1728, White House CI, Muyenga, Block 244.
Deadline: 13th January 2017 by 5:oo pm