IDRC Jobs in Uganda : Regional Surveillance Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration
- Location: Uganda
- State: Gulu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare Jobs in Uganda
: The Regional Surveillance Assistant will directly oversee the smooth running of activities at the malaria reference centers, assist in data entry, supervise Health Information Assistants at respective sites, coordinate timely submission of data from the sites to Kampala and represent IDRC at meetings at the health facilities and district.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to staff in malaria reference centers in regard to malaria surveillance including use of OPD register, on site data training and report generation
- On site supervision of health information at the malaria reference centers in regard to malaria surveillance including use of OPD register, on site data training and report generation
- Lead in networking and liaising with the districts and other partners in the area
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the administration and staff of the health facilities where malaria surveillance has been expanded (Malaria Reference centers).
- Ensure use of modified OPD register at the sites and completion of data entry in a timely manner
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of the register and other essential supplies at the sites
- Transmit clean data from the sites in the region to the designate person at the Kampala office
- Ensure HMIS Forms 33b and HMIS Forms 105 are generated and sent to the district health office and Resource Centre, MOH in a timely manner
Key Result Areas:
- Management of real time Data entry and transmission to the head office
- Coordination of Site support (registers & other supplies)
- Supervision of malaria reference centre staff and activities
- Relationship and people management and networking
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Health-related Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and or Statistics.
- At least two years’ experience in a research setting/organisation with health centre related activities is an added advantage
- Broad knowledge of Database management systems and or MS Access and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are greatly needed for this job.
- Leadership skills, team building and networking skills
How to ApplyAll suitably qualified and interested candidates should send typed letters of application together with current CV, two reference letters from past employers and copies of academic certificates should be delivered to: The Human Resource Manager, Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
- O Box 7475, Kampala, 2C Nakasero Hill Road OR IDRC Tororo office at the Tororo District Hospital OR IDRC Mbarara Office opposite Lake View Hotel OR IDRC Mbale office on Plot 35 Masaba Road OR IDRC Busia Office at Masafu General Hospital