John Snow, Inc Jobs in Uganda : Knowledge Management Officer (KMO)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: John Snow, Inc
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Project Name: USAID’s Maternal and Child Survival Program (MCSP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Technical Director
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID MCSP Program:
USAID’s Maternal and Child Survival program aims to accelerate the reduction of Maternal, new born and child Mortality in USAID Priority countries with high disease burden such as Uganda though scaling up evidence based high impact interventions. Building on Experience, MCSP addresses major causes of mortality by influencing and implementing high impact and innovative interventions at scale based on the country context and data; building global consensus and sustained government commitment to support MNCH interventions; maximizing the use and integration of local programs
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management Officer (KMO) will play a critical role in the promotion, facilitation and documentation of core concepts, tools and processes, results, lessons learned, best practices, and recommendations; whilst promoting knowledge exchange; and developing processes for systematic knowledge sharing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with MCSP and SS4RI country program and technical team staff in Uganda and Washington D.C. to implement KM strategies for routine immunization and CH, with an emphasis on increasing stakeholder engagement in and understanding of the projects’ routine immunization products/activities and improving the implementation and scale-up of MCSP child health approaches.
- Develop and implement detailed KM workplans to support the existing immunization stakeholder engagement strategy and the knowledge management activities in the MCSP Uganda CH workplan. For the latter, this includes preparing clear plans for documentation and dissemination.
- Render support in the preparation of knowledge management materials, including writing success stories for MCSP quarterly reports to USAID, preparing presentations, and, as needed, abstracts for meetings, technical briefs, journal articles, case studies, and/or blogs and online posts. These will be identified in collaboration with the National Technical Director, Chief of Party, MCSP country support team in Washington, and program partners.
- Help establish, promote, and maintain a high profile and corporate image for MCSP CH, MCSP Rl, and SS4RI through effective implementation of KM workplans. The KM Advisor will work with technical staff to ensure accuracy of content and language and editorial consistency with formats and branding requirements established by the MCSP Communications team (at MCSP Headquarters) for MCSP products and JSI’s Immunization Center for SS4RI products.
- Provide support in the documentation, packaging, systematic dissemination, and storage of information in formats tailored to specific audiences.
- Work in liaison with technical staff to enhance their ability to communicate project achievements and challenges.
- Facilitate and assist in preparations for knowledge-sharing forums such as meetings, teleconferences or webinars; learning visits between JSI projects and (across districts), regions, or countries as appropriate; and other knowledge-sharing mechanisms.
- Participate in regular management, technical, and other meetings as needed.
- Support periodic internal program planning and review exercises.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID MCSP Knowledge Management Officer (KMO) job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, public health, or related disciplines required. Master’s degree in one of the listed fields and formal training in public health related writing or publication design highly preferred.
- At least five years of related experience in knowledge management, communications, documentation, dissemination, or similar work.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing in English.
- Previous exposure and experience in developing, implementing, and monitoring dissemination plans for knowledge products highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of immunization and child health issues highly desirable.
- Familiarity with reporting and branding guidelines for USAID-funded programs highly desirable.
- Previous experience in leading peers through the development of knowledge- sharing products and ability to facilitate knowledge-sharing meetings and activities.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills, with proficiency in at least one local language preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to elicit key points from counterparts, build consensus, and work with diverse groups of people.
- Strong computer skills, with excellent Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Word skills; SharePoint experience preferred.
- Ability to find creative solutions to knowledge-sharing issues and challenges within countries.
- Experience working with government, NGOs, donors, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work in complex environments with multiple tasks, competing priorities, and short deadlines.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line as indicated as title of the position.
Deadline: 8th September 2017