Malaria Consortium Jobs in Uganda : Senior Statistician
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Malaria Consortium
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Uganda
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Statistician (part time position, 7 hours per week) to join the team in our London office who will have global responsibilities, will be overseeing Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance work across all of Malaria Consortium’s offices and programmes in Africa and Asia.
As a key member of Malaria Consortium’s technical team in general and the M&E Community of Practice (CoP) in particular the Senior Statistician will provide technical assistance and oversight of Malaria Consortium’s work on monitoring and evaluation focussing on survey and study design, sample size calculation, implementation and analysis, surveillance as well as capacity building in these matters. In addition, the job holder will assure the standards and quality of Malaria Consortium’s M&E activities across all programme areas, support the organisation’s M&E CoP, and represent the organisation in relevant global fora.
The Senior Statistician will be responsible for providing technical assistance and technical oversight of MC projects particularly with regards to survey and study design, sample size calculation, and analytical plans. He/she will active engage with the senior technical team in London as well as Malaria Consortium’s regional offices in Kampala and Bangkok. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring high quality M&E and surveillance projects across Malaria Consortium programmes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate Degree on epidemiology/bio-statistics or demography
- Several years of experience working in M&E in developing countries within government, an international organization or research institution, preferably in Asia and/or Africa
- Some knowledge in communicable disease control and particularly malaria
- Significant experience in survey design and implementation
- Significant experience in the development of data bases, data entry systems (PDA or phone-based) and statistical analysis software (EpiData, Excel, Access, Stata)
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Ability to work independently (without much supervision) and effectively in team
- Due to the part-time (7 hours per week) nature of this role-Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and requests