Mercy Corps Jobs in Uganda : Logistics Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Mercy Corps
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
The Logistics Assistant will primarily ensure smooth operations of MC stores and assets managing the receipt, dispatch and inventory keeping of all goods and assets that are delivered to Kotido and also materials that enter into the storage facilities and assets in use. Through implementing Mercy Corps Warehouse and asset procedures the Logistics assistant will ensures that all inventories will be accounted for in accordance to MC and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will follow the Mercy Corps Warehouse Policy and Procedures Guidelines
- Ensure the daily coordination of MC logistics, warehouse and Assets activities;
- Ensure the timely delivery of supplies to respective Projects with the coordination of procurement department and MC transport pool.
- Has a full understanding of MC warehouse and assets policies and formats.
- Maintain the Assets and inventory and prepare the reports on a weekly basis;
- Perform all other activities necessary to ensure the smooth stores operation;
- The incumbent interacts with suppliers in the receiving and inspection of goods – Signs and issues GRNs.
- Receive the goods as per the description on the purchase order/request. Inspects goods upon delivery and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order;
- Dispatch goods from the warehouse using appropriate MC procedures, Store Release forms, Waybills and update Stock Records.
- Prepare and submit report of monthly stocks and assets report, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts, as instructed by supervisor.
- Display bin cards on each item in the warehouse;
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of inventory, as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse Manual;
- Coordinate with the Logistics Officer for transportation arrangement for dispatches ;
- Generate way bills and gate passes for all items and assets leaving the premises.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Uganda.
- Perform driving duties in times when the drivers are away on leave
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Logistics Assistant job opportunity should preferably hold a Diploma in Logistics, finance, business administration or any other relevant field
- At least two years’ Logistics experience or related field.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office applications
- Excellent analytical and information management skills.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda to: email@example.com
Deadline: 13th January 2017