Ministry of Gender Jobs in Uganda : Senior Labour Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ministry of Gender
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 52/272/01
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U3
Reports to: Principal Labour Officer
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of compiling and maintaining of collective agreements
- Participating in the settlement of labour disputes
- Updating and maintaining the strikes register
- Compiling lists of all labour disputes and grievances
- Verifying the Labour Union Membership.
- Responsible for preparing Division quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct labour inspections to ensure compliance with labour laws and standards.
- In charge of processing cases related to violation of labour laws and industrial relations.
- Implementing labour programs.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Arts, Human Resource Management, Environment, Law plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above disciplines from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possess specialized training in Labour Administration.
- At least three (3) years working experience served at the level of Labour Officer in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Personal Competencies: Demonstrated technical competences in Labour Administration, Good understanding of Labour laws, Good Analytical and basic skills in research, Team building, result oriented, planning, organizing and coordination, strategic thinking, good interpersonal and communication skills, advocacy and negotiation skills, ethics and integrity.
- Age: 25 years and above