Ministry of Public Service Jobs : Principal Human Resource Officer (14 Post)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Ministry of Public Service
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
Organisation: Ministry of Public Service
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 56/252/02 VOL. XV
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U2
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner Human Resource Management
The Public Service Commission was established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. The Public Service Commission has a mission “To provide Government with employees of the right caliber, in right numbers, placed in the right jobs at the right time.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be interpreting various aspects of the current personnel policies, rules and regulations;
- Providing staff guidance and counseling;
- Offering support in the preparation of draft estimates of expenditure and staff proposals;
- In charge of processing all appointments, confirmation, promotions, dismissals, retirements and transfers for the Ministry;
- Responsible for managing the establishment and staffing control information systems;
- Administering the payroll in liaison with the Accounts Section;
- Coordinating staff appraisals, management development and training programmes;
- Coordinating with all departmental heads on matters of manpower planning, technical and professional training;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be Ugandan serving officers in possession of qualifications in the following fields: An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Human Resource Management or Social Sciences or Social Work and Social Administration or Public Administration and Management or Business Studies/Administration/Commerce (Management/HRM Option) or Arts or Development Studies or Organizational Psychology or any other relevant equivalent qualification with HRM/Personnel Management as one of the course units from a recognized University/Institution plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or Public Administration and Management from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration (Human Resources Management option) or Public Administration and Management shall be an added advantage.
- A minimum of six (6) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served in the field of Human Resource Management at Senior Personnel Officer level or Senior Human Resource Officer level in Government or equivalent level of working experience from a reputable organisation.
- Personal Competencies: Human Resource Management, Records and Information Management skills, effective communication skills, managing employee performance, flexibility skills, ethics and integrity.
- Age: 28 years and above