MSF Jobs in Uganda : Mental Health Supervisor/ Clinical Psychologist
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Médecins Sans Frontières, (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care.
Job Summary: The Mental Health Supervisor/ Clinical Psychologist will actively participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health/psychosocial related services in the Kasese Adolescent Centre (KAC) in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients. His/her supervision areas concern:
- The recreation activities, including psychosocial support for children out of school
- HIV and TB counselling
- Mental health support for SGBV and TOP cases
- The project is in collaboration with MOH – most staff are MOH
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in psychology is required
- A minimum of two years of psychosocial counselling experience
- Previous experience in trauma-based therapy, PTSD and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and sexual abuse of children would be an asset.
- Languages: Mission Language (English): essential.
- People management skills
- High degree of flexibility
- Highly results-oriented
- Good teamwork
- Stress management skills