MTN Jobs in Uganda : Operational Risk Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: MTN
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala,
providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Risk Manager is responsible for the management of operational risk identified
or/and owned by business. Working with and supporting the Business Leadership
team, Business Unit Senior Managers and, along with other risk professionals in
the business, the Risk Manager will ensure that the risks to the business are
identified, assessed, mitigated and reported.
- Steer the implementation of the MTN group
risk management strategy and framework.
- Manage the process for identifying
principal & operational risks at both business unit/component &
- Prepare clear and succinct reporting for
various risk committees in relation to whether strategic & operational
decisions are being made within risk appetite, the effectiveness of the
control environment, and whether any changes are required to take more or
- Build a strong community of risk champions
within MTN Uganda and enhance the risk function as a reputed centre of
excellence, supporting the business to achieve its objectives.
- Implement reporting process to capture
risks identified & chart progress on risk mitigation.
- Providing a central source of information
and guidance on risk management for operational and strategic
effectiveness. Maintenance of comprehensive and updated risk registers
- Encouraging and creating awareness of risk
management throughout MTN Uganda.
- Ensuring consistency in evaluation and
reporting of risks throughout MTN to facilitate comparability at an
- Offer a monitoring and oversight role for
management regarding the status of risk and risk management processes in
- Offering support to management to improve
on risk management processes by supporting the risk identification and
assessment process within the organization.
- Ensure that MTN Group risk management methodology
and related tools are actively used in the identification, assessment and
categorization of risk events and scenarios.
- Work in liaison with the risk champions,
ensure that identified controls for the top/ principal risks are
satisfactorily incorporated in the companys annual business plans and
- Report on regular basis to the Head of
Business Risk Management on assurance assignments.
- Ensure that risks envisaged in planned new
systems, products & services, projects and, data migrations are
flagged early, escalated as appropriate and resolved quickly.
- Regularly update the Project & Product
- Classify and prioritize which projects
would require risk focus and audit effort i.e. what BRM should do, if at
all, on a particular project.
- Maintain an overview of all group-wide
projects & products, ensuring associated risks are known and their
impact managed; escalated where this does not happen.
- The ideal candidate for the MTN Operational
Risk Manager career opportunity should hold a University degree in Business
Administration, Accounting, Commerce or Telecommunications
- Professional Risk qualification (e.g.
CISA, CRISK, CIA, ACCA, etc.) with preferably two years post-qualification
experience in a complex technology and/or financial services organization
- At least five years experience in area of
specialization with experience in supervising/managing others
- Previous experience working in a medium to
- Membership/Affiliation with Risk
- Experience of developing and implementing
risk control frameworks to measure and mitigate risk, preferably within a
- Experience working cross-functionally,
proven ability to contribute to complex projects and teams across
different business areas.
- Background in some of the risk and
compliance areas impacting telecoms & MTN in particular.
- Able to analyze large volumes of data
using data analytical tools e.g. ACL or SQL
- Broad knowledge and understanding of
telecommunication business processes, products, services and overall
- Corporate Governance frameworks e.g.
Sarbanes Oxley, King III, Basel III, etc.
- Process Management and maturity models.
- Operational Risk Management
- Ability to gauge and manage risk.
- Project Management abilities, including
team selection and management, escalation of issues, analytical thinking
and lateral creativity
- Conflict handling and resolution skills
- Independent attitude and team spirit.
- Consistent demonstration of excellent written
and verbal communication
- Good communication & Interpersonal
- Able to present and report on complex
information in an innovative and informative way.
- Working under pressure to meet reporting
- Proven exposure and experience in conducting
risk assessments in the telecommunications space.
- Broad knowledge of mobile telephony
infrastructure and business processes.
- Working knowledge of Industry standards of
- Strong project planning and management experience.
- Basic Information Technology
infrastructure knowledge advantageous.
- Data collection, data entry and data
analysis in SQL and/or ACL.