National Animal Genetic Jobs : Artificial Inseminator Technician
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: National Animal Genetic
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Farm Manager
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Artificial Inseminator Technician will mainly evaluate and inseminate animals in estrus and monitor their progress for reproductive performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out heat detection on the farm animals
- Inseminate ready to serve animals and record the services accurately
- Conduct regular pregnancy diagnosis
- Report reproductive problems to the line supervisor
- Maintain the semen bank at the station of duty
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a Certificate in animal husbandry discipline.
- Possession of a Certificate in Artificial insemination from a recognized institution is mandatory
- At least two years of practical exposure to animal breeding activities.
- Hands-on experience in animal handling and artificial insemination.