National Animal Genetic Jobs : Senior Farm Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: National Animal Genetic
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Uganda
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Pader and Kiruhura, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Manager, Production
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Senior Farm Manager will manage optimal performance and productivity of the Centre Farm
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder plans and budgets for the operations of the Centre and ensures their effective implementation.
- Shall be the accounting officer of the Centre farm.
- Manages and accounts for the human, fiscal and physical assets of the Centre Farm.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports on the performance of the farm including Supervises, mentors and appraises technical staff and oversees the administration of all other staff.
- Supervises, monitors and evaluates the performance of the Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
- Initiates innovations to enhance the productive capability of the Centre Farm.
- Organizes and coordinates outreach activities to the farmers to enhance their productivity and get feedback on challenges they encounter.
- Enforces acceptable standards of production, breeding, health and safety on the Centre Farm.
- Works closely with the technical Units to procure, schedule preventive maintenance or repair farm machinery.
- Maintains an inventory of the Centre Farm’s Asset including stock.
- Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Animal or Agricultural Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Animal or Agricultural Sciences from a recognized institution is an added advantage
- At least four years of related work experience in farm operations
- Extensive knowledge of records management as farm activities involve a lot of record keeping.
- Broad knowledge of project planning and management.
- Proven ability to work with and supervise multi-disciplinary teams.