Now Hiring! Mukwano Group of Companies Jobs (5 Positions)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mukwano Group of Companies
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Uganda
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Plant Maintenance Electrician will provide support in the installation of new machines in the plant electronically.
- Maintain, repair and optimize the plant
- The incumbent will also diagnose and attend to all machine electrical faults and breakdowns
- Conduct preventive, autonomous and breakdown maintenance on all equipment
- Report and assist in the analysis of incidents or potential hazards.
- Regularly monitor and record the use of work place consumables and make requisitions where required.
- Use and maintain workshop/power room tools in accordance to working conditions and specifications.
- Daily check and confirm that machines meet safety standards
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Prepare daily maintenance reports for submission to the Electrical Supervisor and Production Officer
- Provide operational support to the Machine Operators
- Actively participate in daily housekeeping practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must hold Higher or Ordinary Diplomas in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions.
- At least three years’ experience in electrical repairs and maintenance in a manufacturing set up.
- Strong electrical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Should have a positive attitude, effective communication, professional presentation, high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Proven ability to work extra hours, self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- S/he should have excellent good customer care skills, should be flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to all climatic conditions.
How to Apply
All those interested in working with Mukwano Group should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating contact details of three (3) referees should to be sent via post or hand delivered to: The Human Resource Department, Mukwano Group of Companies, P. O. Box 2671, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail applications can also be sent to: [email protected] Please clearly quote the job reference as subject of your E-mail. Attachments should not exceed 2 MB.
NB: Only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted not later than one week after deadline.
Deadline: 21st January, 2017