Petroleum Authority of Uganda Job Vacancy : Manager Subsurface
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Petroleum Authority of Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Development & Production
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The PAU’s mandate is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Manager Subsurface will be responsible for implementing the Authority’s mandate in all subsurface aspects of the oil and gas industry. The incumbent will lead and be responsible for the activities of the Subsurface Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all activities within the Subsurface Department, including planning, initiating and budgeting for the activities of the Department.
- Manage and lead multidisciplinary teams in charge of monitoring and regulating the development and production aspects of petroleum geoscience, reservoir management, seismic & reservoir characterisation, and other subsurface aspects of field development
- Manage the Subsurface Department in monitoring and regulation of petroleum development and production activities and reporting compliance by licensees in line with the relevant laws, regulations and the Production Sharing Agreements.
- Lead the Subsurface Department in preparation for and participation in Operations Meetings, Technical Committee Meetings, Financial Technical Meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings with the companies undertaking petroleum development and production in the country.
- Tasked with the evaluation of subsurface aspects of Field Development Plans, Petroleum Reservoir Reports and any other technical proposals concerning field development and production, and make recommendations regarding issuance, renewal and revocation of production licenses.
- Ensure the evaluation and documentation of the country’s oil & gas reserves, and support the reporting thereof.
- Responsible for the timely evaluation of reports, data and samples submitted by oil companies under petroleum production licenses
- Take part in the review and make recommendations on approval of tail end production and cessation of petroleum activities and decommissioning
- Support interface with relevant institutions and oil companies to ensure compliance with regards to the subsurface aspects of the petroleum sector
- The jobholder will also recommend and advise on the policies and legislation affecting field development, production and decommissioning
- Coordinate the preparation, documentation, review and submission of periodic progress reports to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Plan and budget for resource requirements in the business Unit and monitor the usage to ensure efficiency
- Develop and monitor a Business Unit Work Plan and develop performance agreements with all the staff under the Subsurface Department.
- Keenly monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement
- Assess the training and development needs of staff in the Subsurface Department and recommend appropriate interventions
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under the Subsurface Department.
- Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the Business Unit
- Implement any other staff related programs as introduced and approved in the organization
- Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor(s)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Manager Subsurface job opportunity must possess a Master’s degree in petroleum geosciences from an internationally recognized institution.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Engineering or physical sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
- At least seven years’ working experience in the oil and gas industry within upstream business area covering Reservoir Management, Production and/or Petroleum Geoscience.
- Previous exposure and experience in working in a leadership role in an organization/business unit/project with diverse professions in the upstream oil and gas sector
- Possession of a post graduate training in management of petroleum operations is desired
- Working knowledge of petroleum reserves classification.
- Additional training and/or experience in development geology or geophysics.
- Extensive knowledge of the policies, laws and regulations regarding petroleum development and production in Uganda.
- Previous exposure and experience in managing oil company regulatory compliance aspects.
- Membership to relevant professional organizations
- Highly innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
- Good track record of training and mentoring others.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High degree of proficiency in relevant industry computer packages and software.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
Deadline: Friday 8th September 2017 by 11:59 pm.