Plan International Jobs in Uganda : Project Coordinator – REMAC – NiE
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Plan International
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Organization: Plan International
Project Name: Reaching Every Mother and Child in Emergency (REMAC-NiE) Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: National Programme Manager – Health
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
About REMAC-NiE Project:
Plan International will collaborate with the Office of the Prime-minister (OPM) – Refugee Department, United Nations Human Rights Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), the District Local Governments working closely with United Nations (UN), other United Nations (UN) Agencies (FAO, IOM, UNDP, UNFPA, UNICEF, UN Women, WFP, and WHO) and NGO partners supplementing governmental efforts to implement the Reaching Every Mother and Child in Emergency (REMAC-NiE) Project. In addition, Ministry of Health will provide technical guidance and support in relation to life-saving nutrition interventions focusing on Maternal, New-born & Child Health (MNCH).
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator – REMAC will provide technical leadership in the coordination and delivery of the emergency nutrition response project in Adjumani district in collaboration with key partners. S/he will provide leadership to ensure effective coordination of partnerships and collaborations, timely and effective work-planning, budget management and reporting according to the grant agreement / donor requirements and Plan International’s policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and periodically reviews the Project operational plan, annual and quarterly plans and budgets for effective project implementation
- Steers the technical design of project interventions, development of technical tools with adequate consultation and participation of staff and other key stakeholders at all stages of project implementation
- Efficiently utilizes and accounts for funds and other resources allocated in accordance with grant conditions
- Develops a system for capturing, documenting and disseminating project experiences, achievements, lesson learnt and best practice to stakeholders while maintaining project records for accountability purposes.
- The jobholder prepares and submits quality and timely project reports to project stakeholders as per donor requirements and the project monitoring & evaluation plan
- Initiates, develops and nurtures cordial relations with relevant government agencies both at central and local government levels, project partners, and the wider stakeholder fraternity.
- Represents Plan International Uganda at relevant technical working groups and events/forums to ensure the organisation is acknowledged as a legitimate partner/actor.
- Organises and holds regular performance review meetings to assess progress and to agree on and communicate any changes in strategy with the key project stakeholders
- Identifies and participates in operational research related to the project.
- Adhere to the Child Protection Policy (CPP), Code of Conduct and reporting any child protection issues.
- Responsible for the implementation of the CPP standards as they apply to area of responsibility, development of actions to address identified gaps and monitoring their effectiveness.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Plan International Project Coordinator – REMAC – NiE job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social sciences or Public Health or any health-related discipline.
- Possession of a Post-graduate training in Public Health or Project Management is of added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of hands-on experience implementing community-based maternal health, nutrition and WASH component in Emergency situations. Experience in project/budget management level is desired
- MUST have in-service training in the areas of nutrition, HIV/AIDS/EMTCT; HIV Testing services (HTS) Protocols from a reputable training institution.
- Knowledge of the guidelines and international conventions governing the hosting of refugees is an added advantage
- Hands-on experience of working in rural settings and refugee settlements.
- Practical knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of facility and community-based nutrition programmes.
- Practical experience in working with district and community health systems, including Village Health Teams (VHT), Peer Educators and Nutrition Scouts.
- Previous exposure and experience in MCH-related capacity building for health facility and community health delivery teams.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of current policy developments HIV/AIDS and EMTCT, maternal and child health.
- Willingness to work in a typical rural district and travel 60% of the time in field.
- Prior NGO experience is an added advantage
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent budget management skills is a MUST
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft office programs, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.
- Strong skills in teamwork and networking.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent skills in documentation and report writing
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Country Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager,
Email to: [email protected]
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful in case you do not hear from us by 30th November 2017.
Deadline: 25th August 2017