Pride Microfinance Job Vacancy : Legal Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Pride Microfinance
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will be provide legal services to Pride Microfinance Ltd (MDI)’s Management and staff in accordance with the company’s policies, procedures and the law.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer legal advice to Management and staff on issues relating to the operations, procedures and policies of the organization.
- Ensure registration of Pride’s interest; namely mortgages, caveats and debentures on ownership documents pledged by clients.
- Draft and review legal all documents and other collateral securities relating to Pride’s business.
- Routinely represent Pride in courts of law and any other fora and design appropriate litigation strategy to monitor progress of litigation matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Legal Officer should preferably hold an Honours degree in Law from a recognized University
- Hold a Post graduate diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Be an Enrolled Advocate for at least 2 (two) years with a valid practicing certificate.
- He/She should possess prior experience of at least 2 years in a reputable organization preferably financial institution or a busy Law firm.
- All candidates should also possess 2 principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- Possess good customer awareness and emotional intelligence skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should maintain confidentiality, have Self- drive and confidence, be Proactive
- Possess business acumen
- Excellent public relation skills
- Ability to multi-tasking
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good at goal setting and quality control.
- She/she should also be computer literate
- Possess the ability to coach & mentor
- Skilled in change management
- Possess emotional intelligence and advocacy skills
Age: Below 30 years