Raising the Village International Jobs in Uganda : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Raising the Village International (RTV)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Monitoring Jobs in Uganda
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Project Planning and Design:
- Lead program and project staff, partners and target communities/beneficiaries in participatory program design approaches;
- Coordinate implementation of baselines, income household surveys and evaluations according to RTV DME framework and methodology
- Development of field based tools for tracking and implementation, and facilitate program adoption
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Collect primary and secondary data, and analyse to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities; special studies, operation research studies required to improve RTV Uganda programs.
- Establish and maintain program/indicator M&E databases; as well as the program level M&E indicator database aligned to the RTV Strategy results framework.
- Carry out routine data quality assessment on program/project monitoring data including data collected by staff and partners before it is used for reporting.
- Build capacity of Project staff and partners on RTV Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches.
- Lead the review, learning and reflection meetings in the regions on program/projects implementation, and evaluations.
Project Reporting and Analysis:
- Compile program data reports to inform evidence based decision making; and for use in preparation of program quarterly reports, semi/annual management reports; and for dissemination to Kampala office, project team staff, donors, district, and other partners as necessary.
- Conduct statistical analysis and identification of learning and potential
- Participate in Grant Research and Applications with focus on the following at the Uganda office
- Research to identify grants that RTV is eligible for
- Prepare grant applications in line with the criteria of each grant-making organization
- Work with programs Manager on reporting for any grants secured
- Create and maintain database of possible grant opportunities
Data Management and Performance Monitoring:
- Develop and administer performance monitoring tools to track program indicators; in line with the program implementation and M&E plans.
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about RTV Uganda programs and project interventions in the regions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Raising The Village is seeking a professional with 3 to 5+ years of work experience in monitoring & evaluation of development programs, and a demonstrated long-term passion for community development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
University degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies
- Post graduate degree in Monitoring & Evaluation and Project Planning an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of Management Information Systems (MIS), M&E and Development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Language: English, and at an added advantage Lufumbira and/or Luganda.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful community development experience (e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading training, having a project get started in rural areas, solid project management & accomplishments).
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Ability to handle new situations, analyze interventions and come up with solutions.
- Organizes workload effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to provide support
- Experience in the design/implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects for NGOs/ Government
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Knowledge Management process and approaches
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with project field staff& Programs Director.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Strong training & facilitation skills
NB: For more information and full job descriptions, please visit our website: http://www.raisingthevillage.org/get-involved/openings/
How to ApplyAll qualified and interested candidates should send a letter of application and curriculum vitae including address, telephone contact and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NB:
- PDF documents are preferred, and include all relevant information in your letter or CV, no other documents will be forwarded to the hiring committee.
- Please indicate your position of interest in your email or subject line.
- Resumes received after the deadline will still be considered in a future round.