Sejjaaka, Kaawaase & Co Jobs : Legal Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Sejjaaka, Kaawaase & Co
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
Reports to: Head of Legal
Sejjaaka, Kaawaase & Co. is a consultancy firm that provides services to a wide range of clientele from the small, medium to the large scale multinationals. some of these include: Government Ministries; Local Governments; Insurance sector; Clearing and forwarding; Construction; Educational Institutions; Agriculture sector. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a Ugandan bank.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will assist the bank in drafting and reviewing legal documents, legal compliance, advice and representation in Courts of law
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for bank collateral administration;
- Contracts administration (internal and external);
- Guiding bank staff on banking law and regulations and ensuring compliance there to;
- Research and monitoring amendments to existing laws and regulations;
- Responsible for preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and briefings;
- The incumbent will represent the bank in courts of law in liaison with bank’s external lawyers
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Legal
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelors of Laws degree (LLB) from an accredited University
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice from the Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- Enrolled advocate of the High court
- A minimum of three years of post LDC experience in legal practice or its equivalent in a busy financial institution.
- Knowledge of Bank of Uganda regulations and other key laws applicable to banking is desirable.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Land/Company registry procedures with a demonstrable ability to register bank securities
- Excellent coordination, interpersonal and communication skills with computer literacy skills
How to ApplyThe applicant must send their application including the following (Incomplete applications will not be considered)
- An application letter that details your capabilities and suitability for the position.
- A detailed Full CV with names, addresses and phone numbers of your personal, academic and professional referees.
- Attach verifiable academic certificates and licences as applicable.