Standard Chartered Bank Jobs : Country Head of Human Resources
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
- The role holder is responsible for driving bottom-line business performance through providing strategic HR advice and expertise to Country CEO and top management team (EXCO members).
· The primary area of responsibility is Human Resource, Uganda.
· Lead the development of country people plans for designated markets, and ensure they are aligned with the Bank Agenda and HR collective agenda.
· To ensure the effective utilisation and development of the bank’s human capital in line with the bank strategy and values in order to maintain high standards of professionalism and service quality with appropriate rewards on business performance.
· Act as a catalyst, stimulating high engagement through ensuring great manager behaviours (including appropriate configuration of people product and processes) which ensure employee needs are satisfied and managers and employees are playing to their strengths.
· Lead and fast track the HR capability development.
· Develop strategic people plan which is aligned to driving business performance through organisation design and a continued focus on the factors which drive engagement & outcome.
· Manage the consistent and aligned delivery of HR policy, standards, guidelines and processes within area of focus.
· Provide local insight to respective country & bank wide stakeholders.
· Lead on selection, recruitment and on-boarding decision at B4 and below in areas of focus within authorities and as part of standard process.
· Manage specific ER and HR operation risks in the area of focus.
· Design & Implement the talent strategy for key product or segment areas.
- Provide expert advice and coaching to local leaders both as a team and as individuals to drive business performance and build line manager’s leadership capabilities through people practices e.g. high engagement, people development, playing to strengths
· Manage specific HR projects which contribute to the bank’s people agenda.
- Support line managers in understanding and deploying bank people policies, products and processes to drive engagement thereby driving business performance
- Integrate HR products to provide business solutions
- Initiate and facilitate group interventions to solve business problems
- Work with CEOs and EXCO to ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the future needs of the countries through managers identifying developing and appropriately stretching talent at every level. Strengthen business capabilities through proactive management of critical talent.
- Drive the Bank’s culture in creating a ‘preferred’ work place for our employees and fosters an environment where employee behaviour is aligned to our values
- Play a key role in managing complex organisational change projects with people implications.
- Lead the continuous review of the business operating model for its cost efficiency and demonstrate proactively in surfacing and securing improvements.
- Collaborate with Functional HR colleagues on all products (e.g. Talent Learning & Culture, PRB Delivery, etc) to agree stakeholder engagement, drive functional strategies & processes and messages.
- Collaborate with colleagues across HR (including specialists and HRSSC) to provide feedback and ensure continuous improvement in the function.
· Act as a formal/informal coach and mentor for junior members of the overall HR function to ensure delivery of best practise HR and appropriate stakeholder management
- Provide leadership in HR to comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. Understand and ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the bank’s policies and procedures; and the bank Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
· Embed the bank’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics. Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture. Lead by example by displaying exemplary conduct behaviours and take personal responsibility for:
Ø the conduct of individuals in HR ensuring behaviours set out in the Bank Code of Conduct are followed.
Ø HR achieving the outcomes set out in the Conduct Principals and Pillars.
Ø All direct reporting line managers are individually accountable to proactively communicate, collaborate and agree on the conduct ratings of employees.