Teach For Uganda Job Vacancy : Recruitment And Selection Manager
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Teach For Uganda
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Jobs in Uganda
Seeking to hire a vibrant and creative Recruitment and Selection Manager to lead and coordinate recruitment
Teach for Uganda, a local non-government organization is seeking to hire a vibrant and creative Recruitment and Selection Manager to lead and coordinate recruitment, selection and matriculation of passionate talented university graduates and professionals into the fellowship. This role is central to our strategy and growth as an organization and therefore this individual will be responsible for steering the recruitment process from conceptualization, strategy to execution. He/she will also engage a wide range of stakeholders that includes universities, corporates and non-profits, with the goal of expanding outreach, building partnerships, and raising awareness of the education crisis in Uganda and the role that all citizens can play in solving it.
About Teach For Uganda
Teach For Uganda is a nationwide movement of solution driven leaders working towards ending education inequity in Uganda. We do this by recruiting top university graduates and professionals who we believe are our country’s future leaders, into teaching Math and English in underserved public primary schools and train them continuously in pedagogy and leadership to become exceptional teachers and leaders. We also help them over the 2-year fellowship to become the kind of leaders that our schools and systems need to fundamentally change outcomes for all children.
Teach For Uganda will soon be recruiting it’s first cohort of 30 fellows who will take on full time teaching positions in 15 government primary schools in Luwero district.
Design a recruitment and selection strategy (30%)
- Develop and execute a great recruitment and selection plan that is focused on targeting the most promising leaders of our country to join the fellowship.
- Set ambitious goals for overall recruitment and matriculation cycle that are aligned with Teach For Uganda’s mission and vision, in coordination with the Chief of Programs
- Design an action plan on how to achieve the goals
- Identify and attract passionate talented university graduates and young professionals to join and commit to a two-year teaching fellowship.
- Meet promising high potential candidates one-on-one to get them invested into TFU and to better understand how their career aspirations might fit into our work.
- Go out to universities and other youth events to inform and inspire talented young graduates and professionals and get them to apply for the fellowship.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure all selected applicants join and complete fellowship
Develop a compelling marketing and branding strategy (20%)
- Conduct a targeted market research each year to understand motivations of prospective applicants
- Develop and execute marketing and communication campaigns centered around key themes/messaging that appeal to university graduates and professionals.
- Create awareness through marketing channels such as print, social media, radio and television.
- Contribute to building a strong TFU brand
Build partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders (30%)
- Research top targeted universities to understand their structure and operation
- Build relationships with university chancellors, heads of key departments, Deans, Professors, career service heads and student bodies to get them invested in the recruitment campaign
- Build partnerships with corporate companies and non-profits to create awareness of the Teach For Uganda fellowship and eventually for fundraising purposes.
- Conduct information sessions and presentation on campus, in meetings and events; communicate effectively and articulate Teach For Uganda’s vision, mission and the fellowship benefits and value addition.
- Represent Teach For Uganda at conferences, professional associations, recruiting events, Universities, etc. with the focus of expanding the talent pipeline
Manage team operations (20%)
- Build a strong collaborative team culture that values relationships and results
- Create structures and processes that enable efficient and effective execution and collaboration towards goals
- Create a system that tracks prospective applicants from when they express interest to when an offer is made. Collect, analyze and consistently use recruitment data to inform strategic decisions • Spearhead the application design and selection processes and competences.
- Recruit and oversee volunteer campus ambassadors in top universities across Uganda
- Manage a yet to be hired staff of 2
- Source and create professional development opportunities for them.
Values and mindsets
- Strong belief in Teach For Uganda’s vision and mission
- Children first; we put children at the center of everything we do and we work tirelessly to provide for them meaningful experiences that allow them to realize their fullest potential.
- Sense of possibility; we believe that nothing is impossible and we work hard to achieve our goals above and beyond what is expected of us.
- Constantly learning; it’s only through learning that growth is achieved. We encourage reflection and appreciate feedback as a practice, constantly search for new knowledge from books, research and articles to deepen our understanding and bring innovation to various aspects of our work.
- Humility and respect; we treat each other with dignity and respect, appreciate each other’s strengths, perceptions and experiences and acknowledge our own limitations. We value our relationship with communities, leaders, schools and parents and constantly engage them to advance our work of providing an excellent education to all children.
- Teamwork; we support and challenge one another, work co-operatively with enthusiasm and appreciation, respect each other’s views and make our work environment fun and enjoyable.
Key skills, knowledge and competences
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a high‐intensity, high‐uncertainty start‐up environment, with a results-oriented culture.
- People and relationship building skills in order to build strong relationships with diverse audiences
- Excellent marketing and persuasive skills to be able to attract the right pool of people into the fellowship.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to deliver strong compelling messages to different audiences
- Planning and critical thinking skills so as to effectively execute their role
- Strong organizational and operational skills with experience creating efficient systems and processes.
- Passion for education and an understanding of the education landscape in Uganda
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to be able to analyze data and identify trends.
Education and experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any relevant field of study from a reputable university
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Previous experience in marketing and/or recruiting targeted top talent
- Salary is very attractive and commensurate with experience
- Location is Kampala, Uganda
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a one-page cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Your cover letter should be no longer than one page and answer the following questions: 1) Why are you interested in Teach For Uganda? 2) Your goal is to get 300 talented graduates to apply for the TFU fellowship by April 2017. Design a recruitment strategy that will enable you to achieve that goal. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Priority deadline for applications is 15th January 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with goal to fill position ASAP