Uganda Development Bank Jobs : Senior Monitoring And Recoveries Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Development Bank
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
supports the Manager Credit and Portfolio Management in ensuring that the banks portfolio remains healthy and in line with the policies and guideline
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Credit& Portfolio Management
Uganda Development Bank Ltd (UDBL) is the country’s only Development Finance Institution (DFI) established in 1972. The Bank has recently re-positioned itself as a partner to the Government of Uganda in delivering the theme of its National Development Plan.
Job Summary: The Senior Monitoring and Recoveries Officer supports the Manager Credit and Portfolio Management in ensuring that the banks portfolio remains healthy and in line with the policies and guidelines. This is achieved through structured project monitoring and supervision, debt collection, and timely identification of problem projects and generations of options for curing such problems on an ongoing basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the Relationship Managers to ensure smooth project implementation and that all key financing terms and conditions are adhered to;
- Ensuring efficient and effective debt collection and recovery through the development, review and application of appropriate project monitoring and recovery procedures in line with the Banks credit policies and guidelines;
- Conducting regular reviews of all projects to ensure that all agreed criteria and milestones are being met; and reporting any variances;
- Regularly monitor periodic compliance to loan covenants and ensure all assets mortgaged to the Bank are ensured and valued periodically.
- Liaise and provide support to business development and credit analysis teams by identifying pertinent market conditions and trends that may affect the banks loan portfolio.
- Ensure compliance to policies and procedures during attachment and disposal of attached collateral. Liaise and follow up with debt collectors, court bailiffs, auctioneers and lawyers on cases submitted.
- In charge of maximizing recoveries from NPLs and written off accounts and work closely with auctioneers, beliefs Debt Collection Agencies and legal team to maximize recoveries.
- Keenly review and recommend enhancements, including system enhancements, to improve current work flow/processes to minimize credit risks and increase efficiency.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a first degree preferably in Commerce/Business studies/Quantitative Economics/Statistics/Engineering/Law or any related field.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the above or related fields, or professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, ACIB, etc.) would be an added advantage.
- At least five years experience in a financial institution or development bank, preferably engaged in long term funding or project financing;
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis skills and experience in using financial models.