Uganda Revenue Authority Jobs : Officer Compliance – Investigations (3 Post)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Revenue Authority
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Uganda
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Supervisor Compliance – Investigations
Job Code: HRM/052/601
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Compliance – Investigations will carry out investigations through obtaining, maintaining and communicating evidence obtained through reports to facilitate further management of cases and enhance compliance in the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Uganda Revenue Authority URA Officer Compliance – Investigations jobs must hold Bachelor’s degrees in Law or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Special training in investigations and law enforcement is desired
- At least three years’ experience in the area of Compliance Management/Law Enforcement
- Previous exposure and experience in research, investigations and the use of statistical data analysis techniques
- Familiarity with court and prosecution processes
- Experience in Police work.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Tax Laws, Leadership Codes, Police Act, the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and Labor Laws and other applicable Laws of Uganda.
- Proven Integrity
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computing applications for research and reporting
- Good investigation and networking skills
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good presentation and negotiation capability
- Strong respect for Human Rights
- Age: Below 35 years