Uganda Wildlife Jobs in Uganda : Warden Sports
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Uganda Wildlife
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Public Sector Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Warden Sports will develop and promote sports and games in Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of identifying and promoting sports talent among UWA staff.
- Responsible for distributing and sharing information about all sporting activities and programs at local, regional and international levels.
- Organising sport-related projects, classes, programmes, coaching, dub development and training.
- Working and liaising with government bodies to deliver government sports initiatives.
- Identifying sport, recreation and health initiatives and overseeing sports Plans and ensuring their implementation;
- Responsible for mobilising and sensitising targeted groups on sports and games policies
- Raising staff awareness on health and fitness issues and promoting participation in sports, particularly amongst under-represented groups;
- In charge of maintaining sports records and producing written reports to the supervisors,
- Identifying potential opportunities for external funding and maintaining links with county, regional and national sporting representatives and organizations;
- Preserving and rehabilitating existing sports facilities in the various Conservation Areas.
- Perform any other official duties as assigned by Management and or Director Legal & Corporate Services from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UWA Warden Sports job placement must hold an Honors Bachelors Degree in Education with a bias in Sports Science or any related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in the field of sports from a reputable organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good coaching and mentoring skills
- Good time management skills
- Good planning, organizing & coordinating skills
- Concern for quality standards
- Team Work
- Age: Below 35 years