Umeme Limited Jobs in Uganda : Graduate Technician
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Umeme Limited
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Provide field technical support to Engineers in the delivery of customer services, metering, network operations and maintenance of the distribution.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Engineer
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Technician will provide field technical support to Engineers in the delivery of customer services, metering, network operations and maintenance of the distribution infrastructure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct network switching operations.
- Carry out network inspections including lines, meters and operating equipment.
- In charge of the installation and securing of meters.
- Conduct the exercise of data collection and customer mapping.
- Promptly act and accurately report and/or escalate all safety incidents, near-misses inclusive, in accordance with the Company safety incident reporting procedure.
- Responsible for the inspection and replacement of domestic energy meters in the district.
- Ensure all executed works comply with the set Engineering, Regulatory, Operating Regulations on High Voltage Systems (ORHVS) and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) standards, policies, procedures and rules.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports as requested by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Umeme Technician jobs should hold Diplomas in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have scored a credit in O-Level Mathematics.
- The applicants should have finished the Technical college course between 2015 & 2016.
- Having driving or motorcycle riding skills will be an added advantage.
- Age:Below 25 years
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to e-mail their updated CVs and cover letters only to the address: email@example.com. Attachments must not be more than 2 MB. Clearly mark in subject field: PPG - Umeme - Technician.
Deadline: Friday 13th January 2017 by 5PM