UNHCR Jobs in Uganda : Senior Supply Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Location: Ethiopia
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
- The Snr Supply Assistant (Warehouse) will set-up internal system to ensure warehousing processes are systematically conducted.
- The incumbent will also store and control items in stock.
- Accurately record the location of stock on appropriate shelf cards and stock cards.
- Regularly update storage locations, all systems and documentation.
- Regular conduct stock checking thus include recording goods going in and out, stock inspections and physical inventory check.
- The incumbent will ensure stock management system established.
- Regularly update stock inventory in MSRP
- Evaluate Purchase Requests and authorizations to ensure that specifications, budget data and other requirements are in order.
- Draft and despatch quotation requests and tenders.
- Evaluate offers and prepare bid tabulations.
- Prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Contracts Committee.
- Offer support in the coordination of and reporting on the deployment of Non -Expendable Property.
- Ensure safety and security of stock.
- Performs other duties as required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- UNHCR Uganda attains and maintains proper internal control system in the warehouses;
- UNHCR Uganda maintains accurate records on the locations, movements and levels of the stocks;
- Proper procurement procedures are adhered to.
- Safety and security of stocks is maintained throughout the warehouse cycle.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNHCR Snr Supply Assistant (Warehouse) job placement should secondary School education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Logistics, Warehousing or a related field;
- At least five years of previous relevant professional job experience;
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Programme (SCLP);
- Good computer skills (MS Office and People soft)
- Prior exposure and experience in customs formalities
- Previous experience in logistics or warehousing
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language.
How to Apply
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 24th January, 2017