USAID Jobs in Uganda : Governance Advisor
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: USAID
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Monitoring Jobs in Uganda
The Governance Advisor will be responsible for ensuring functional governance and management functions at medical bureaus and health facilities by ensuring policy and standards/regulation are in place and implemented; support medical bureaus in policy review and guidance in implementation by health facility boards and management committees, support boards to make strategic decisions towards improving health facility planning and management of resources and programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will oversee the capacity needs assessment activity for medical bureaus and health facility governance, and provide necessary technical inputs to ensure assessment provides the best baseline for capacity strengthening interventions.
- Ensure health facility boards are trained and coached to play an effective oversight role that guarantee prudent management of resources, and follow through of financial and programmatic accountability.
- Regularly review proposed procedures of training and provide input to short term consultants and medical bureaus in the training design and on the optimal mode of support to the health facility boards
- Works in liaison with and provides technical backstopping to medical bureaus in executing health facility boards’ capacity building activities in targeted districts
- In charge of reporting and feedback on progress on governance activities and results at bureau and facility levels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID PHS Governance Advisor career placement should possess a Master’s degree in organizational development, organizational psychology, Policy development or related field
- Five or more years of experience in organizational and community development
- Previous exposure and experience in strengthening organizations governance and management systems
- Prior experience in staff needs assessment and development
- Previous experience in serving on governance boards and service delivery
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills