War Child Canada Jobs : Legal Assistants (3 Post)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: War Child Canada
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
Reports to: Legal Officer
Duty Station: Rwamwanja, Koboko, Arua, Uganda
War Child Canada is an internationally recognized charity that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. In Uganda, through its Access to Justice and Protection programmes, War Child Canada provides Legal Aid services for Women and Child Survivors of violence and raises public awareness around the impact of conflict on communities and the shared responsibility to act. This programme has now expanded to the South Sudanese refugee settlements in the West Nile region and Kiryandongo where War Child Canada seeks to increase the legal protections of children, youth, women and men and continue to address the prevalence of perpetrators’ impunity through legal intervention, awareness raising and capacity building. Our programming emphasizes strong Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, identification and response interventions.
War Child Canada has received funding from United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to increase protection for refugees and other vulnerable persons in Ugandan refugee settlements in the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo, Koboko and Kamwenge.
Job Summary: The Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting the smooth running of the daily activities of War Child Canada’s Legal Aid Clinic, including client management and follow up, facilitation of alternative dispute resolution and to contribute to legal awareness raising activities and legal trainings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the War Child Canada Legal Assistant career vacancy must hold a Diploma in Law (Degree in Law is an added advantage)
- A minimum of two years working experience in a related field
- Profound knowledge on Child Protection, SGBV and the general legal system of Uganda
- Proficiency in Computer packages such as (MS word Excel Power point and Data base)
- Ability/willingness to learn to ride a motor cycle.
- Fluency in local languages and an excellent working knowledge of spoken and written English