War Child Canada Jobs : Senior Legal Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
War Child Canada is an internationally recognized charity that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. In Uganda, through its Access to Justice and Protection programmes, War Child Canada provides Legal Aid services for Women and Child Survivors of violence and raises public awareness around the impact of conflict on communities and the shared responsibility to act. This programme has now expanded to the South Sudanese refugee settlements in the West Nile region and Kiryandongo where War Child Canada seeks to increase the legal protections of children, youth, women and men and continue to address the prevalence of perpetrators’ impunity through legal intervention, awareness raising and capacity building. Our programming emphasizes strong Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, identification and response interventions.
War Child Canada has received funding from United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to increase protection for refugees and other vulnerable persons in Ugandan refugee settlements in the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo, Koboko and Kamwenge.
Job Summary: The Senior Legal Officer will primarily be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the War Child Canada’s, Uganda, Legal Aid Clinic Services, the incumbent coordinates all the clients’ management, legal awareness raising, legal trainings and representing SGBV survivors and children in the courts of law.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the War Child Canada Senior Legal Officer career placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Diploma in Legal Practice/enrolled Advocate with a valid practicing certificate
- A minimum of three to five years of relevant legal experience working in the area of Legal Aid Provision.
- Broad knowledge of legal frameworks, human rights frameworks, and refugee law
- Ability to manage and supervise field teams composed of different profile of staff members
- Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English, including report writing.
- Excellent team work and networking skills with demonstrated ability to coordinate with other regional and local partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural groups and in a multi-ethnic environment and gender sensitive.
- Willingness to work in remote areas.