War Child Jobs in Uganda : Legal Officers (5 Post)
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: War Child
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Adjumani, Arua, Kokobo, Rwamwanja, Uganda
War Child Canada is an internationally recognized charity that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. In Uganda, through its Access to Justice and Protection programmes, War Child Canada provides Legal Aid services for Women and Child Survivors of violence and raises public awareness around the impact of conflict on communities and the shared responsibility to act. This programme has now expanded to the South Sudanese refugee settlements in the West Nile region and Kiryandongo where War Child Canada seeks to increase the legal protections of children, youth, women and men and continue to address the prevalence of perpetrators’ impunity through legal intervention, awareness raising and capacity building. Our programming emphasizes strong Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, identification and response interventions.
War Child Canada has received funding from United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to increase protection for refugees and other vulnerable persons in Ugandan refugee settlements in the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo, Koboko and Kamwenge.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer is responsible for the management of the War Child Canada’s Uganda Legal Aid Clinic he/she is attached to. The incumbent coordinates all the Legal Aid activities the project is to undertake, including clients’ management, awareness raising, and legal trainings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the War Child Canada Legal Officer job placement must hold a University degree in Law.
- At least two years of relevant experience in Legal Aid Service provision.
- Good lobbying and advocacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills both in written and spoken English, including report writing.
- Alternative dispute resolution skills
- Ability to mobilize communities and work with volunteer
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven training and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrable computer knowledge and applications
- Strong team work with the ability to interact proactively and collaboratively with WCC and partners staff at all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work in remote area.