Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Jobs in Uganda : Logistician
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
The Logistician will provide overall management of project logistical needs including but not limited to the processes of procurement (local and national), transport of procured goods, and oversight of asset management and inventory control. The incumbent will also provide leadership and coordination of the entire logistics component for the WASH Emergency Response in Bidibidi settlement Yumbe district, Uganda by ensuring compliance with Welthungerhilfe logistical and procurement SOPs in Yumbe District, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all phases of sourcing activity to ensure best value and within required lead times for a variety of requirements in Yumbe Uganda, including analysis of overall budgetary impact for all types of procurement transactions
- Take lead in the implementation of the annual procurement plan supported with budget and time tables.
- Actively contribute to the supply chain management efforts up to and including logistical support from the ordering point through the follow-up, expediting, and delivery of the required goods and/or services
- Understand and ensure compliance with legal guidelines,(PPDA Act), contracting principles, sourcing and price/cost analysis requirements
- Oversee logistical management of the Welthungerhilfe WASH Emergency Response in Yumbe, inventory and commodity requirement for operations.
- The incumbent will provide leadership of overall property management and inventory control, reports, custody control documents, reconciliations for both expendables and non-expendables according to ECHO rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely reporting on stock status to the project manager and help project staff plan stock replenishment in various locations.
- Ensure adherence to Welthungerhilfe standard procurement operating (SOP) procedures.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of year reports to the project manager and Finance and Administration Officer
- Management of the Vehicle Pool and Transportation: Organize the allocation and daily availability of vehicle(s), logbooks, technical check-ups use of seatbelts, adherence to speed limits, vehicle booking process and movement monitoring system etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Logistician job opportunity should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in procurement and logistics / supply
- At least five years of experience in procurement and logistics supply in multi sectorial rural development projects with international NGOs
- Prior exposure and experience in working independently and result oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, stakeholders, service providers, etc
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to coordinate activities with officials from Government, NGO’s, service providers and other agencies;
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Applications
- Previous experience in West Nile region preferably in working in Emergency situations
- Hold a Valid riding permit
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications with a detailed CV contact details including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one page motivation letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th January, 2017