Windle Trust Jobs in Uganda : Programme Assistant Education
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Windle Trust
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Responsible for Implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of Education Management activities.
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Officer Education
Windle Trust Uganda is Non-profit organization whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training, and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. Windle Trust Uganda has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996. WTU works in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Job Summary: The Programme Assistant Education will be responsible for Implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluation of Education Management activities. The Education Programme Assistant will provide adequate and timely professional guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support to the teachers and Pupils.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- School inspection / supervision; create a positive, collaborative environment and establish effective working relationships with teachers by providing the support, encouragement and resources.
- Work closely with head teachers to ensure that all teachers develop schemes of work and lesson plans prior and that the lessons delivered are in accordance to the national curriculum.
- Capacity building; Organize and facilitate teachers training according to the identified gaps. Orient and mentor teachers into the refugee education operations.
- Child protection; Support and promote childrens rights in the schools. Protect the safety and wellbeing of pupils, under the policies and procedures of child protection.
- Data management; Collect and monitor termly pupils enrolment statistics for the various schools.
- Ensure that the Head teachers keep records of pupils and teachers daily attendance in all schools.
- Regularly monitor and keep records of school enrolment data, school property like textbooks, furniture.
- Stake holders engagement; actively participate in coordination forums like SMCs/ CMCs, coordination meetings, Education working groups. Ensure that all schools have functioning SMCs/CMCs and PTAs.
- Work closely with the District Officials to ensure that the schools meet the basic minimum requirements.
- Reporting; submit weekly and Monthly reports to the Education Officer about the schools progress, gap/needs and any other matters arising.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle Trust Uganda Programme Assistant Education job opportunity must hold a Bachelors Degree in Education
- Two years of proven experience in effective and efficient management of education with high quality outputs.
- At least one year of progressive experience gained within a humanitarian NGO is preferred.
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate students to perform maximally and a good team-player.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Uganda Education systems and rich networks with Key District Education officials.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills in the management of education
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of computers in MS Office, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability and willingness to live, work, travel in fast-paced and difficult environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
How to ApplyAll interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed curriculum vitae, , current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three references addressed to: Human Resource Manager, Windle Trust Uganda, Plot 726, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill,
- O. Box 24230 Kampala. Uganda