Windle Trust Jobs in Uganda : Programme Managers Settlements
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Windle Trust
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
Responsible for all the staff in the programme and managing the relationships with donors and partner agencies at field level, the camps management
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programmes
Windle Trust Uganda is Non-profit organization whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training, and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. Windle Trust Uganda has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996. WTU works in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Job Summary: The Programme Managers Settlements will be in charge of overall leadership, management oversight and strategic direction of WTU programmes in Primary and Secondary schools management in the refugee settlements. The Programme Manager will also be responsible for all the staff in the programme and managing the relationships with donors and partner agencies at field level, the camps management (OPM) and relevant district local government departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Development of strategies and plans which correspond with WTU mission& vision:
- Facilitate schools management project planning and designing in line with emerging refugee development needs and Uganda education development plans.
- Encourage long Range Strategic Planning and program visioning
Responsible for Program Regional annual plans, programme implementations and reports:
- Support in the development and implementation of country Operation Plans, Individual operation plans and Log frames
- Facilitate in preparation of implementation plans and donor reports (monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annual)
- Provide oversight of WTU field reports before presenting to the ED and Donors
- Ensure quality efficient and effective implementation of projects in accordance to sub project description (SPD)
Responsible for the development and management of Programme budget:
- Develop and manage the programme budgets
- Facilitate in preparation of budget monitoring tools.
- In charge of the assessment of the use of financial and nonfinancial resources & cost benefit of program projects.
Strengthening sectoral capacity building and synergy:
- Provide professional support to staff
- Promote networking amongst WTU departments and schools for maximum utilization of resources.
- Encourage Innovation & Research for Development
Manage and maintain institutions reputation:
- Ensure compliance with all legal, contractual and statutory requirements and agreements by donors and government.
- Promote understanding and commitment to WTU CORE values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, and Commitment & Equity and ensure staffs use these values in their everyday work.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Ensure that the project Monitoring & Evaluation system and tools are appropriate and effective in accordance with project design and objectives.
- Continue to re-examine the specific outputs of the main project components to be monitored and evaluated.
- Monitoring and tracking of project progress as per goals and objectives.
Networking and Management of exchange programmes:
- The jobholder will represent WTU relations, interests and position with UNHCR, local and central governments, other donors and partners at regional level.
- Promote inter-sectoral, inter-agency & organization linkages and collaboration
- Facilitate development of MOUs with organization which share similar development mission & vision.
Staff Development & Supervision:
- Promote staff development through support, coaching, mentoring, marketing and identification of training needs and opportunities.
- Promote team spirit through participatory leadership.
- Ensure quality recruitment of staff.
Provide overall project oversight and support:
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of WTU field assets and vehicles for maximum provision of transport services
- Ensure procurement of WTU requirements is carried out in accordance to WTU procurement procedures and policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle Trust Uganda Programme Managers Settlements job opportunity must possess a good first degree in Education related filed. A masters degree in any related is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years consistently good performance demonstrated in a senior position
- Possess good program development, M & E, and report writing skills.
- Previous exposure and experience in strategic planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility.
- Excellent management skills and experience.
- Strong budget proposal skills and experience.
- Excellent team building, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proven experience in managing multi-sectoral teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good computing skills in word-processing, spreadsheets
How to ApplyAll interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed curriculum vitae, , current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three references addressed to: Human Resource Manager, Windle Trust Uganda, Plot 726, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill,
- O. Box 24230 Kampala. Uganda