Windle Trust Jobs in Uganda : Programme Officer Education
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Windle Trust
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Uganda
responsible for the design, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Primary and secondary education activities.
Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
Windle Trust Uganda is Non-profit organization whose primary mission is to equip refugees and others affected by conflict in Africa to meet the challenges of development through providing access to education, training, and employment opportunities by advocacy and direct programme activity. Windle Trust Uganda has been a leading provider of access to university education, post-primary education, and vocational training for conflict-affected Africans since 1996. WTU works in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Job Summary: The Programme Officer Education will be responsible for the design, coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Primary and secondary education activities. The incumbent will provide adequate and timely professional guidance, supervision, capacity building and management support to the primary and secondary education staff, pupils and students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall Management, Coordination and implementation of primary and secondary education programme.
- Provide overall management support, vision, and strategic direction of primary and secondary education.
- Lead and oversee delivery of primary and secondary education curriculum
Promote high quality primary and secondary education:
- Work with head teachers to make performance and good results hallmark of education in the settlements.
- Facilitate improvement of pupils and students self-study.
- Supervise all education staff both teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Promote staff development through support, coaching, mentoring, marketing and identification of training needs and opportunities.
Promote Girls performance in school:
- Ensure special coaching for girls to increase the school attainment of retention levels.
- Facilitate motivational talks by female partner agency staff, female refugee leaders and external speakers where possible.
Educational Assessment, Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Ensure students are registered for national examination and strictly observe exam rules and regulations.
- Develop suitable and effective educational monitoring and evaluation tools.
Procurement of Education materials and resources and Management of Education stores:
- Ensure maintenance of an efficient system of records, storage and retrieval of documents for all purchases and issues of education facilities.
- Facilitate development of a databank of all education assets.
Community Self-Management increase community participation in secondary education:
- Coordinate establishment of School Management Committees (SMCs) and Parents Teachers Associations (PTAs).
- Integrate Goals of Education in every day lessons;
- Foster patriotism and promote unity among students and community.
- Encourage individual development and self-fulfillment through education.
Guidance & Counselling:
- Facilitate Provision of psycho-social support to students
- Ensure schools provide career guidance to students (secondary).
Reports and communication
- Compile monthly education progress reports.
- Write donor, quarterly and annual reports for the Programme manager
- Build linkages Liaisons and professional working relationships Ministry of Education (MOE) and other related education agencies.
- Create a culture of achievement in every pupil and student. Work with head teachers to make performance and good results hallmark of education in the settlement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Windle Trust Uganda Programme Officer Education job opportunity must hold a Bachelors degree in Education
- A minimum of four years of proven experience in effective and efficient management of secondary education with high quality outputs.
- Excellent planning, analytical, conceptual and organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate staff and students to perform maximally and a good team-player.
- Proven knowledge of Uganda Education systems and rich networks with Key District Education officials.
- Superior writing skills, including proven ability to conceive and write grant proposals and donor reports.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in office software (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point) required.
- Demonstrated capabilities and strategies to propel schools to top national performance in curricula and co-curricular activities.
- Able and willing to live, work, travel in fast-paced and difficult environment adhering to strict security guidelines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
How to ApplyAll interested applicants should submit their applications including detailed curriculum vitae, , current salary information, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, including telephone contact and details of at least three references addressed to: Human Resource Manager, Windle Trust Uganda, Plot 726, Mawanda Road, Mulago Hill,
- O. Box 24230 Kampala. Uganda