WORUDET Jobs in Uganda : Financial Officer
Welcome to Jobwebuganda.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Uganda. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Women and Rural Development Network (WORUDET)
- Location: Uganda
- State: UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
The Financial Officer will provide the overall leadership in the organization, management and reporting on financial and other resources of the organization. The incumbent will provide the overall expertise on all matters regarding finances and assets of the organization, and ensures the implementation of relevant policy frameworks in place.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement financial procedures in line with organisational requirements
- Prepare timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organisational and donor requirements and deadlines.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring and progress reporting of programme funds and grants.
- Provide financial management advice on revisions of budgets, preparing periodical forecasts and any changes needed
- In charge of monitoring of the petty cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient funds are always available depending on the programme needs.
- Responsible for the management and reconciliation of the bank and cash accounts, preparation of the weekly cash counts and monthly financial records including cashbooks, and ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management for records as required for auditing.
- Disbursement of cash advances and reconciliation to ensure recovery.
- Control of salary payments to staff, including NSSF and tax liabilities and other consumables
- Collection and filing of regular financial reports and budget records.
- Establish and implement administration and logistics procedures in line with organisational requirement
- Establish and manage all procurement and logistics activities including possible management of vehicles and drivers.
- Cover essential duties in the absence of other personnel
- Represent WORUDET at relevant meetings
- Contribute to the adherence of all security guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be a Qualified Accountant (Business Administration with bias in Accounting)
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience in a finance/admin function in the field at an appropriate level, with sound understanding of working with an NGO
- Knowledge and application of Accounting software packages such as Quickbooks, etc
- Proven financial analysis and forecasting ability
- Skills in the production and interpretation of management accounts.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and nonfinancial managers and colleagues.
- Communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation and time management skills.
- Ability to live and productively work in harsh environments.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player with proven supervisory skills.
- Ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Familiar with the issues and cultures and ability to interact with people at all levels, individually and/or in groups.
How to Apply
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their updated CVs and cover letters in hard copy to WORUDET main office located in Pader Town. Address the letter to the Executive Director WORUDET via email to email@example.com
NB: Please note that applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis because of the urgency of this position.
Deadline: 15th January 2017